Saturday, January 15, 2011

I walk up and down - dusty stairways of my mind - lost between two floors


I walk up and down - dusty stairways of my mind -
lost between two floors #haiku
 


Image: The Beautiful Decay of New York's Forgotten Island
North Brother Island is in the East River between the Bronx and Rikers Island. 
It was used until the '40s as a quarantine hospital, but has been abandoned and 
closed to the public since then.  Now it's a spectacular ruin
North Brother island -Riverside Hospital

2 comments:

  1. I like this on... I do wonder how you are able to source so many photos however... let alone the writing of the haiku (especially when I see you're up to 94 posts this year, and it's not even February!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben. I just started this blog about two or three weeks ago. I love writing haiku, this blog is a bit of challenge to combine haiku with pictures. The internet makes it very easy to find great sources for interesting photographs and pictures.

    ReplyDelete